Insights . . .
In looking for a coach, consider your goals, personality, teaching philosophy, and areas of interest, in order to make the perfect match. Although most of my teaching career has been spent in the primary grades, I enjoy collaborating with teachers on instructional strategies and that can be applied to all content areas and grade levels.
Passions & Beliefs . . .
- All students can learn, it's up to us to meet their different learning styles.
- Classrooms should create a positive & respectful climate for students to succeed.
- Both students and teachers should be engaged in the learning process, we are partners!
- Setting goals that challenge myself and my students are important.
- Growth Mindset over Fixed Mindset: Sometimes the process matters more than the product!
Areas of Interests:
- Curriculum Design- Planning Cross-curricular Units
- Instructional Strategies
- Thinking Maps and Write From the Beginning
- Math Number Sense: Number Talks, Rekenreks, Subitizing & Decomposing Numbers
- Early Childhood Education- reading readiness and early literacy skills
- Google Apps for Education
- Twitter for Family Engagement & Professional Development
- Makerspace- Creating Makers and Thinkers